Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Camp - Part 2

(Read Part 1 here)

The following evening Camp knocked on my door. "Come for a walk with me", he said.

We ended up walking to the local park, and then through the cemetary. Not much had been said about what had happened the night before. I was nervous and didn't know which way the conversation would turn. Instead, no sooner than we were in a quiet corner of the cemetary than Camp suddenly put his arms around me and pulled me into him. He pushed his crotch against me and I could feel him stiffening through his trousers. So was I. Things progressed, and that Ladies and Gentlemen is how I lost my virginity. In a cemetary, with a man who sneered if I suggested he was gay. I guess I'm not alone in that respect.

Over the course of the next few evenings we met up and had sex in his car, and each time he'd remind me that he wasn't like me. He wasn't a queer.

Then one day he told me the time had come to tell my friends, otherwise he was going to do it. He gave me until the next evening to start telling them, and he even told me which one I should tell first - we'll call him John - so the next day I called round to see John and another mate and I admitted who I was to them both. To their credit they were fine with it. They didn't seem to have a problem. But then John said, "Look, we don't have a problem with you being gay, but you shouldn't try to tell everyone that I am just to camouflage the fact that you are". I didn't know what he meant.

"Camp told us that you'd told him I was gay. I don't think that's on mate, cause I'm not gay and you shouldn't spread rumours just to try to cover up the fact that you're gay yourself"

"But I never said that"

"Well, we're just repeating what Camp said to us".

I left them feeling happy that I'd told them, but also confused about what else had been said. I'd never even mentioned that I knew Camp was gay, and I certainly wouldn't have said it about anyone else. I never have been a gossip like that, so I decided that there had probably been some sort of misunderstanding.

A week later Camp said that a couple of the guys had been calling me names when I wasn't around. He said, "You see, they might tell you it's ok to your face but behind your back they hate you for being a queer".

I asked a friend if things were being said about me, and he admitted that some things might well have been talked about, but that seriously no-one had a problem with who I was. However I started to doubt my friends, and I didn't know who I could trust anymore.

Camp and I were still having sex with each other almost every night, and I'd still not told a single soul. And at some point he'd very quietly split with his girlfriend, although I only found out from a third party.

No comments: