Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It's All About Me!

So, you want to know about my birthday weekend do you? Just agree with me, ok. It's alot easier in the long-run.

Well, on Saturday I was feeling rather perky, and actually capable of eating something, along as it was reasonably sloppy. No jokes please. So, The Boyf and I headed into town on the back of a boat with our friend The Drag Queen, and once there met OBM#1 and OBM#2 for a meal. We spent a rather lovely few hours in an Italian restaurant in Soho, then were spirited away to a local bar where my friends spoilt me with champagne. Afterwards The Boyf and I headed to the theatre to see "Blood Brothers", and very nice it was too. I have this little problem in that I can't suspend disbelief when I'm watching a stage production, hence remained resolutely straight-faced when all around me were sobbing, including The Boyf. Nevertheless I very much enjoyed it.

From there we headed back home where I finished opening my multitude of presents from The Boyf, including a book I wanted called "Bondi Work", where numerous lovelies pretend that they know which end of a spanner to use, or where the oil drains from the sump of a car, all in the name of art. There's one particular guy who has rather taken my fancy. I'd very much like him to come round and change my oil, but I have a feeling he wouldn't really know how to do it. Still, he'd look good fiddling around with my dip-stick.

On Sunday we went to The Natural History Museum. Yeah, I know. We're so very cultural and everything! Apart from that we just went for a walk in town and then went home for a quiet evening. Needless to say, that's quite enough culture for one month and we now need to go out, get drunk and dance on a podium somewhere. That's this coming weekend sorted then.

No comments: