Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ginger, We Salute You!

There is a new guy started in our office this week. He's BIG. As in 6 foot tall and plays rugby. But no, unusually he's not my type, which is a shame cause I've been looking forward to his first day for ages. I'd even douched especially. Sorry, TMI.

Anyway, all this brings to mind the guy he's replacing, who we'll simply refer to as "Ginger". (Look, he already had that nickname when I started. You know how unimaginative straight people are when dishing out nicknames).

Ginger had a habit of saying the most un-PC things imaginable to people he'd never met before, but I'll tell you just one of the snippets of joy to fall from his mouth.

Some of the lads went to Brighton for a stag "do". Yeah, Brighton, I know! There was much rolling of eyes by OMO when they announced it. I didn't go, thinking that at some point they'd make me take them to a gay bar and then something silly would happen. But even without me it transpired they tried to get into an establishment for those of us who like Kylie. The bouncer refused them, which is where Ginger pipes up with "I know I'm not gay but I do have ginger hair, so that makes me disabled too". Needless to say, they didn't get in.

So here's to you, Ginger, and your funny mouth. I'll forever miss being referred to as "the office faggot"...

No comments: