Thursday, May 31, 2007

OMO At The Movies: "Zodiac"

Going to the movies alot recently, huh? We made the most of Orange Wednesday and dragged along OBM's to our local cinema. What we saved on the 2 for 1 offer we ended up spending on food - OBM#2 managed to get through a hotdog, large popcorn, nachos, drink and a large tub of Ben & Jerry's all by himself. He's a big lad though. I limited myself to only a large tub of Ben & Jerry's, which, true to form, I immediately threw down myself. Luckily OBM#2 also threw ice-cream down him, and then stepped in the nachos tray he left on the floor, catapulting salsa over his trainers and up his legs. We looked like we'd had a food fight. Hmmm, there's a thought....

Sigh.

Anyway, about the film. It's long. Very long. Like 2 hours 40 or something. Have all the Hollywood editors gone on holiday at the moment? Are they all on a beach somewhere laughing at their dastardly plan to bore everyone in the world to death with over-long movies?

It's a pretty good film, especially if you're into a ridiculous amount of details, in a way similar to JFK (although that film didn't hold my attention as well as Zodiac). I'd suggest taking a notepad. The central performances are good, even if Mark Ruffalo seems to be a cross between Columbo and Poncherello from CHiPs. As usual I found myself strangely drawn to Robert Downey Jr (who plays Paul Avery). He's SO not my type, but I SO would.

I'd suggest waiting til it's out on DVD rather than enduring a numb arse down the local Multiplex. Definitely worth a look though.

By the way, this is my 150th post. Who'da thought it?

No comments: