Thursday, May 24, 2007

OMO At The Movies: "Spiderman 3"

I finally got around to seeing it, and wished I hadn't bothered.

Here's my review, as informative as ever. I'll try not to spoil anything. Frankly, I don't need to - the movie spoils a perfectly good franchise all on it's own.

Ow! Girder!

Ow! Girder!

Ow! Girder!

Ow! Girder!

Ow! Girder!

Ow! Girder!

Then there was a break where we find out that all French restaurants have to have a comedy Monty Python style Maitre'D, that Peter Parker's somehow managed to squeeze in piano and dance lessons (you think his schedule would be tight enough), and that the CGI is less convincing than the animated Spiderman tv series from the late 60's. Oh, and the audience is subjected to a plot hole big enough to land a plane in. A badly realised CGI plane though it may be.

Then it's back to...

Ow! Girder!

Ow! Girder!

Ow! Girder!

Ow! Girder!

Ow! Girder!

Ow! Girder!

And then we get to the end where the final twists actually negate much of the movie you've just uncomfortably sat through, along with a large chunk of Spiderman 2 to boot.

Can you tell I wasn't impressed?

No comments: