Friday, May 18, 2007

It's Booked!

We've finally booked our flights for this years holiday. I'm taking The Boyf to San Francisco in August as he's always wanted to go (he's a big Tales Of The City fan), and I went in 2005 before I met him and loved the place so can't wait to get back and show him around. When I say "I'm taking him" I don't mean, like, in my luggage or something. He's not my pet, although I do wonder whether he shouldn't be quarantined before being let into the US. What I meant was that I booked the flights and surprised him with the tickets. I'm such a great boyfriend sometimes. Only sometimes, mind.

We've still got to sort out our accomodation and then save up our spending money, but with the exchange rate being what it is we'll be acting like millionaires by the time we change our money over. At least we can act like millionaires as long as noone notices we're flying economy. Shhhh! As Pam Ann would say (whilst tapping a champagne flute): *ting, ting, ting* "Listen economy, that's GLAAAAAASS!!!".

So, what are we gonna do when we get there? Well, all the usual I should imagine - get drunk and sleep with the locals. Oh, we'll probably visit Alcatraz too as I didn't manage to squeeze it in last time between all the beer busts and men. I jest of course. Those were the days before I was a cheap tramp - I actually didn't sleep with a single man on my last trip. I know, incredible isn't it? I'll have to make up for it this year.

So, what are we doing this weekend to celebrate the booking of our first proper holiday together? We're going to Birmingham. Sheesh!

No comments: