Friday, March 02, 2007

Onetwo Fulfill A Dream

Last night I broke a 20-odd year curse and finally got to see Claudia Brucken perform live, as part of her group Onetwo.

Every time I've bought tickets to see her - in Propaganda, Act and as a solo artist - something has gone wrong and I've had to miss it. I'd resigned myself to the fact that it was never going to happen.

But last night I saw Onetwo perform a 6 song mini-gig, and then I got to meet Claudia. I actually got to meet her! I can't tell you how excited, and nervous I was. And she was absolutely enchanting, and oh so friendly.

The Boyf beforehand whispered: "Ok, just act cool. Don't gush all over her. Breathe. Just try to be normal. Don't open with "I love you" even though you know you want to. Just think of something normal to start the conversation off with"

I kept back for a bit, trying to compose myself, then finally approached.

OMO: "H-h-hello Claudia. Oooo, I LOVE your necklace".

I hear The Boyf stifle a giggle and mutter: "You're SO gay"

Claudia: "Er... thank you! That's so sweet"

OMO: "I love you"

The Boyf: "Oh, Christ"

After that I did manage to regain my composure and went on to have a nice little chat with her, and am now the proud owner of a signed CD, a signed 12", and photographic evidence that I actually met her.

Last night a boyhood dream finally came true. Propaganda, you see, were responsible for my obsession with music. Sometime I'll tell you why.

Oh, a quick plug for the Onetwo album, "Instead". It's bloody great. It looks like this...



And you can buy it here.

Go on, you'll love it.

No comments: