Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Our Holiday Pt.2 - New York

We actually stayed outside of NYC itself, in Westchester with friends of ours, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. The nearest town was about 5 miles away and their house is surrounded by woods and fields. It made for a lovey, relaxing setting, and many days were spent in the hammock in the garden reading and listening to music, or wandering about trying to find wildlife/identify the different species of birds and butterflies. I know, civilised aren't we?
Obviously we ventured into the city on regular occasions, using the train into Grand Central, and did lots of the usual touristy stuff i.e. took a boat trip round Liberty Island and to see the waterfalls, walked over the Brooklyn Bridge, wandered around the Botanical Gardens, and took a trip out to Coney Island to go on the Cyclone (truly terrifying - has anyone actually checked any of it since it opened?)

We also had a day out at Sandy Hook, rather obviously a gay nudist beach, which involved a 40 minute boat ride and transfer to the beach by school bus (yay! I've been in an American school bus!). As lovely as it was (I'm still peeling, to prove how nice the weather was) the clientele left something to be desired. Where Haulover was "hottie" this was "grotty". However a couple of guys in their early 50's arrived and pitched up next to us, and were both quite lovely (and hairy), and The Boyf in particular took a shine to one of them. Unusually he came over all English and refused to start a conversation with them, and is now complaining that he'll never get to know who they were.

The English shyness stuck me too, but then it always does. On the Sunday we found ourselves in The Dugout watching the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics over the heads of Joe.My.God and The Farmboyz (both Father Tony and C). Now, I'm a big fan of both blogs, but obviously couldn't speak to any of the people involved because I'm terribly English and didn't want to interrupt them. Instead I was waiting until I'd had a few drinks so I could slur at them and tell them I loved them. But before it got to that stage we de-camped to the Eagle. Still I couldn't summon up the courage to speak to anyone (they'd moved to the Eagle too). And then they left and the chance was missed, although on the way out, as they passed me, C said "Yes, we're leaving", evidently knowing that I'd wanted to speak by my body language (and the fact that I was probably staring). Anyway, I can at least confirm that Joe, Tony and C do really exist and that I found at least two of them completely do-able. I'll leave you to make up your minds which two.

More about NY later.

3 comments:

Tony Adams said...

....

Tony Adams said...

Joe showed me your post, and I showed it to C who remembers you well. He also remembers that I saw you looking at us and that I said to C "I would do them but you wouldn't." (Given C's predeliction for Puerto Ricans). C surprisingly responded that I was wrong. So there you have verification that at least two of us saw you and found you attractive. Now if only we could be sure that the two of us are the two out of three that you felt mutually. No polite way to answer that question, is there? You will simply have to come back and let us role the dice in your direction.

OMO said...

I'm most pleased that C remembered me - I hoped that he would - and I'm flattered that you both found me/us attractive. I'm now only more sorry that I didn't have the courage to come over and introduce myself to the two of you.

No, there's no way to answer your question politely, but then perhaps I already have.

Feel very free to role those dice in my direction.