Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Last Night I Dreamt Of A Wolf

Ok, does anybody know what dreams mean? I know I'm asking an audience possibly consisting of only the odd random visitor, but if someone does stumble across my Blog and happens to know about dreams can you please tell me why I keep dreaming about wolves?

A few nights ago I had a dream where my bed was in the middle of a dense wood. I got into it to go to sleep but the woods were teaming with wolves. They didn't seem bothered by me, and neither did they try to hurt me, but one very large one came up to the bed and stood on it's hind legs and looked down on me. It looked incredibly fierce but I had the impression that it wasn't going to hurt me but that it expected me to join it. That I should become an animal aswell. That thought obviously made me panic as I woke up in a sweat.

Last night I had two different dreams both featuring wolves. The details of the first one are sketchy, but it involved a man throwing knives at me who I killed by crushing his head in some sort of garbage compactor. The wolves were chasing some way behind. In the second dream I was at home, but a home I lived in when I was a boy, and it was snowing heavily outside. I needed to let the dog out but when I did I realised that the wolves were coming, so I had to scramble outside to grab the dog and get back inside. The dog was blind. At this point I woke up, but when I went back to sleep the dream started up in exactly the place it left off. This bit's a little sketchy too, but I seem to recall my Dad telling me to get upstairs because the wolves were trying to enter the house.

These aren't the only dreams about wolves I've had recently either. I've been having them quite regularly for months. Most are violent in some form, and it varies as to whether I have to get away from the wolves or whether I am meant to run with them.

No, I've not been watching alot of horror on TV, although The Boyf did subject me to an episode of Dr Who with Colin Baker as the Dr. And no, I don't eat cheese before bed-time.

So, any thoughts? Is there a psychiatrist in the house?

No comments: