Friday, September 22, 2006

I Shall Not Flirt!

Hoo, I just saw the cute guy at work again. We passed each other in reception and he smiled at me! Now, I would normally do one of two things in such a situation; a) go red and giggle behind my hand in a Dangerous-Liaisons-But-Without-A-Fan kinda way , or b) give a "What the fuck are you looking at" stare whilst internally going red and giggling. In this case I gave a friendly smile and carried on walking.

I'm on a self-imposed flirting ban you see. During the "little issue" I had with The Boyf a couple of weeks back I made the grandiose promise that "I Would Never Flirt Again, Ever!". He looked at me with a similar look of incredulity normally reserved for when I say I don't fancy a cake, and I must admit to rolling my eyes and doing my "We both know I can't keep this promise but let's run with it for a bit, eh?" face. So flirting I am not. Not even when faced with a rather lovely Spaniard last Saturday night with a big hairy chest. I managed to spend the entire evening not looking at him, and then not speaking to him even when he got chatting to The Boyf (which frankly always spells trouble). So imagine my surprise when he left the club and came home with us, as I'd been oblivious to what was going on due to my apparent aloofness.

This not flirting thing is working out rather well I fancy.

No comments: