Friday, July 25, 2008

Urgh! Friday!

I'm feeling utterly used, and not in a good way. It's been one long, hard week and I can't see a light at the end of the tunnel until our holiday (which is now only three weeks away, granted). Oh, what's that quote about light at the end of the tunnel? Oh yeah "I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just some fucker with a torch bringing me more work".


So, I've not told you about this years holiday plans yet, huh?


Well, we're "doing" America again. If you want to be pedantic we're actually "doing" New York again, but hopefully this time I won't look and sound like an extra from "Dawn Of The Dead". A terribly English zombie though I may have been. You know how us Brits like to talk loudly in a posh English accent to get more attention. I always end up sounding like Prince Charles - in fact I probably sound like Dame Judy Dench - except for last time when I sounded like the Elephant Man. I looked like him too, but then I should probably consider not wearing a potato sack over my head every time I go out. It's a bugger to accessorise with.

Yes, we're off to New York for a couple of weeks, but we're actually also squeezing in a long weekend in Fort Lauderdale, courtesy of some friends of ours who have a holiday home there. Like you do. Now, I've not been to Fort Lauderdale before but judging from the photos every single person who lives there is well-built, tanned and utterly gorgeous. The whole place looks a bit "Stepford Bears" for my liking. Quite what they're going to make of me I don't know. Perhaps they'll take pity on the pale, chubby English guy. Any from what I've heard NY is going to be unbearably hot, so that'll be fun for my over-active sweat glands.

I know, I sound like I'm complaining, when in actual fact I'm really looking forward to it.

Before then we have the British Motor Show to attend, which means I drag a bored-looking The Boyf round whilst I drape myself over various bits of machinery and get a bit over-excited. Then sometime next week we're going to see Kylie, and then we have Brighton Pride at the weekend. So all good fun for the next couple of weeks.

Have fun at the weekend, Dear Readers.

No comments: