Friday, November 09, 2007

Nothing For A Pair

Camelot has recently had to withdraw a Lottery Scratchcard game from sale over confusion from people as to whether they had won or not. The "Cool Cash" game relied on a player having to scratch off a panel to reveal a lower temperature than was shown on the front of the card, and because of its name and the time of year the given temperature was often a minus figure. Camelot apparently received dozens of complaints from people who couldn't understand how -5 is not a lower temperature than -6, for example.

But it's this quote, from a 23-year old named Tina Farrell in the Manchester Evening News which really gets me.

"On one of my cards it said I had to find temperatures lower than -8. The numbers I uncovered were -6 and -7 so I thought I had won, and so did the woman in the shop. But when she scanned the card the machine said I hadn't.

I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher, not lower, than -8 but I'm not having it."

Hehehehe, marvellous!

No comments: