Monday, February 19, 2007

The Monday Morning BlogBite - Onetwo

I'm so excited I think I might do a little wee in my pants. Again.

Today is the release of Onetwo's single "Cloud 9".

I know, I know. I'm all over it like a rash. Which reminds me that I need to book up at the clinic again for a check-up.

Anyway, as I was saying, Onetwo's single comes out today.

Their single.

"Cloud 9".

Out today.

Here it is. And here. And here (for those of you not in the UK).



Look...



Why are you looking so puzzled? Please tell me you know who Onetwo are.

*sigh*

Right. Ok. OneTwo are a duo comprising, like, my favourite female singer of all time. Don't tell me you don't know who that is? This is much harder work than I was envisaging you know. It's Claudia Brucken, formerly of Propaganda and Act (plus solo work, and dueting with various people, like Andy Bell on his solo album). The other member of Onetwo is Paul Humphreys, formerly of OMD, but I'm not quite as interested in him, as I was never into OMD. Let's face it, it's all about Claudia and always has been.

So, yeah, they have a single out this week, and wet-pant-inducingly it was written by Martin L Gore (who's, like, my favourite song-writer and shit), who also plays guitar on it.

Frankly, it's almost too much to take. Which isn't something you'd ever hear me say in The Hoist, but let's not talk about that right now.

Right, now you know who Onetwo are I expect you all to buy the single today. Because you love me.

I love you too. But only if you buy the single.

3 comments:

Gary said...

Great that you've picked up on this release!

Thought you might also be interested to know that Claudia will be performing at 'A Tribute to Billy MacKenzie' at Shepherds Bush Empire, together with BEF (Glenn Gregory and Martyn Ware, that is), Apollo 440, Electric Soft Parade, Paul Haig with Subterraneans and Mower. All funds for the Sound Seekers charity, which works with deaf children in the developing world. Tickets available from www.ticketweb.co.uk

OMO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
OMO said...

Thanks for that Gary. I'd not heard about it.

I have an odd thing going on with Claudia in that I'm destined never to see her live. Every time I've had tickets - and we're talking back to the 80's - something has gone wrong and stopped me being able to do so.

I guess I'm just going to have to sneak up on her sometime.