Monday, February 05, 2007

The Monday Morning Blogbite - American Football

Ok, Ok, I know it's not Monday morning, but "The Monday Afternoon Blogbite" just doesn't sound right. Just stop with the moaning already.

I just wanted to say "Boooo!" because the Chicago Bears didn't win the Super Bowl thingy in America. We in England have absolutely no clue about American Football. It appears to be like rugby but with helmets and not enough legs on show. Anyway, we kinda cheered the Bears on - obviously we weren't watching, we were too busy shopping, but I did send them a little "Good Luck" thought - but they let me down. They're nothing like most of the bears I know, who would simply have eaten the opposing team.

Oh well, so a begrudging "Congratulations!" to whoever the other team was. Oh, I've just looked it up and they appear to be The Colts. Hmmm, thinking about it I'd probably let a Colt grapple me to the ground too. Pete Kuzak or Bo Dixon in particular. Ta-dah! (Sorry, coldn't resist it).

Looking further it appears that this is the 41st Super Bowl "World championship", and every year it's been won by an American team. I'll say no more.

No comments: