Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Showing My Age?

Oh shit, it's Tuesday and I'm completely unprepared to tell you about my weekend. I'm actually very busy at work, don'tcha know. It does happen occassionally.

So, my weekend then...

I SO wasn't in the mood for going out on Friday night, so I went straight home after work and crawled into bed for a bit. I'd had a hard week at work, and I deal with stress by sitting in the dark listening to music and drinking wine, or going to sleep. Unfortunately The Boyf deals with stress (he'd had a hard week too) by going out and partying as hard as he can. So I was suddenly beseiged by him, The Drag Queen and a work colleague of theirs who had been out drinking champagne since school kicked out, for no good reason that I could fathom. They'd come back to ours to freshen up before going to another bar and actually managed to cajole me into going with them, if only for a couple of hours. So, come midnight I bid my farewell to BarCodeV (after giggling unnecessarily at the hot doorman, who decided to have a good grope at my nether region) and drove home, leaving The Boyf to make his own way home later (which actually entailed him ringing me at 4.30 in the morning and begging me to come and get him cause he was stuck and didn't want an hours walk home). Harumph!

We took the unusual step of staying in on Saturday night and watching Kylie on tv, mercilessly mocking her outfits (what the fuck was that gold thing she had on?) and strangely wooden dance routines. We did wonder whether she'd simply been nailed to a skatebord and was just being wheeled around the stage, wiggling her hips occassionally. There was an early report of a sign being held in the audience which read "Show Us Your Tit", but we didn't see any evidence of it.

Sunday was a lovely spring day in the city. Which seemed odd, it still being mid-January an' all. So OBM's came over to our place and then the four of us walked along the South Bank, stopping at various Starbucks, Nando's, and anywhere that sold sweet foodstuffs (OBM#2 wasn't feeling well and decided to eat as many cakes as possible. I thought I'd join in so as not to feel left out). After a trawl around The Tate we decided we'd had quite enough culture and went to an amusement arcade to play air hockey and see how long we could last on the electric chair. Unsurprisingly I managed to take full power, eliciting much commenting along the lines of "Ah, now we know what you're into". Ahem.

And that was our weekend. Quiet, and rather lovely. It must be my age that I'd rather go for a walk with my friends than be stuck in a bar getting drunk somewhere. Well, if that's what growing up is all about then bring it on.

No comments: