Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Online Messaging Etiquette - The Sequel

Further to a previous post, last night I was chatting on line to a friend of mine - the lovely Italian I met last week in fact - when a message popped into my box. Now, one of my resolutions this year (more on those later, possibly) is to be polite and answer every message I get, rather than just deleting the weird or random ones I receive, and it's too early in the year to break that resolution so I decided to answer. As he wasn't particularly attractive (and that's being polite) I didn't want to encourage him. Here's how the conversation went...

Punter: Fuck?

OMO: No thanks, I've just eaten.

Punter: I can help you digest

OMO: Excellent! Do you have anything for heart-burn?

Punter: My cum

OMO: Oh, I've had enough of that already - that's why I have heart-burn

Punter: Don't swallow your own, have mine

OMO: It wasn't my own - there's loads of guys here.

Punter: I come round, fuck all

OMO: I think they're a bit tired - we've been at it all day - but I love your concise message.

Punter: My unlucky day. Sauna?

OMO: Well, not for me but I hope you have fun. Good luck.

Punter: Arsehole.

OMO: I'm sure I could say something funny but I think I'll just say "Goodnight".

Punter: Why don't you go and fuck yourself you arrogant, ignorant wanker.

OMO: Bit late to be eloquent, isn't it?

Punter: You c**t. I hope you get AIDS from all that fucking today.

OMO: I take it you don't want to come round and join in after all?

Punter: Yes, where do you live? I come round

OMO: Are you bi-polar?

Punter: Fuck off.

OMO: Goodnight.

I think I might be breaking that resolution in future.

Update: When I got home from work last night I logged on to get my messages. Within a couple of minutes a message poppped up. "Fuck?". Yup, he was back. I ignored it. Then a couple of minutes later The Boyf said to me "Some guy's just messaged me with "Fuck?". He's persistent, I'll give him that.

No comments: