Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy New Year! (Finally!)

Happy New Year!

What do you mean, I'm a week late? Some of us are busy you know. Yeah, yeah, so I've been sitting around a lot moping. It's that time of year.

So, shall I tell you about the Christmas/New Year shenanigans, or go for something completely unrelated and "left field"? I could do both of course, but that would involve me writing two posts in a short period of time, and we both know that's not going to happen.

Ok, I'll bullet-point some salient information.

1. On Christmas Eve The Boyf surprised me with matinee tickets for The Phantom Of The Opera, which got us very much into the swing of things. Unfortunately The Boyf does have a habit of creating ad-hoc show-tunes around rather mundane things (much like Andrew Lloyd-Webber in fact) and this hasn't helped matters.

2. We had an odd Christmas Day. The Boyf wasn't feeling very well and then managed to put his back out in the middle of the night. Then he had to cook the dinner in agony whilst I had a two hours drive to fetch my Mum, who, after eating the smallest amount of food imaginable, decided she'd like to go back home again. Thus I had another 2 hour drive before finally relaxing.

3. I got lots of great presents, including another iPod, books on marine biology and car design, and tickets to see Girls Aloud in concert, right at the front too. Nothing gay about that at all!

4. New Year's Eve was a bit of a let-down. We went to Juicy at The Astoria, and it was to be the final fling for that venue before it's pulled down to make way for Crossrail. The actual build-up to midnight was brilliant, but there was an odd anti-climax afterwards so I decided to leave everyone to it. I had a three mile walk through the centre of London, which, with all roads shut off, looked like a scene from 28 Days Later but with more zombies. And by 2:30am I was home in bed (alone).

5. I finally met an Italian internet friend of mine, who I've been speaking to on-line very regularly for two years. And he's totally gorgeous, and is a thoroughly lovely guy, just as I knew he would be. Needless to say we ended up probing each other with various parts of our anatomy, and now I'm a little sad to see him return home.

6. We've fallen out with OBM's, and it's rather obviously over the most stupid of things. Actually, The Boyf has fallen out with them and I'm being very loyal and taking his side of the argument even though I secretly agree with part of their side of the grievance. No-one knows this so keep it to yourself.

7. And now I'm back at work, and bored out of my tiny mind. Still, it stops me sitting at home in front of the tv watching endless re-runs of The Golden Girls and eating my own body weight in chocolate biscuits, which was pretty much all I did over Christmas.

8. I couldn't end on an odd, and 8's my lucky number.

No comments: