Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Christmas/New Year Round-Up

I've just read my last post before Christmas again. Blimey, I was in a bad mood that day. Grumpy old sod.

Just so you know, Christmas was a lovely affair again this (last) year, although we did do rather more travelling that I would have liked. It went something like this:

Sat 22nd: London to Midlands to see The Boyf's family.
Sun 23rd: Midlands to Kent to see my Mum (in thick fog)
Sun 23rd (evening): Kent to London.
Mon 24th: Borough Market to get the fresh veg and final tasty morsels
Tues 25th/Wednesday 26th: At home with Our Best Mates relaxing. Lovely
Thurs 27th: London to Gloucestershire to visit The Drag Queen at her family residence.
Fri 28th: Gloucestershire to Midlands to attend The Boyf's ex's post-Christmas Party
Sat 29th: Midlands to London
Sun 30th: Flaked out all day at home, and then out to the Horsemeat Disco
Mon 31st: Up late and then to the RVT for NYE, which was absolutely brilliant.
Tues 1st: A short sleep and then to Fire and then the RVT again.
Wed 2nd: Dead to the world
Thurs 3rd: Back to work. Urgh!

Oh, and guess what? The Boyf found his car keys this week. They were at home all the time, the spaz!

So, it's the post Christmas blues now. They hit on New Years Day and haven't left me yet. There are alot of things going on in my head that I can't seem to shake off. This year's going to be interesting, I'm sure.

Looking back at last years resolutions I can see that... hang on... yes, I failed dismally. Actually, that's not quite true. The serious resolutions I did do something about. I had a couple of foreign holidays, and I started to learn to swim. My gym regime was sporadic at best however, and I never did start a "proper" blog. Likewise I didn't sleep with my Boss or Bill Goldberg, but both did seem rather unlikely. The one that I really wanted to do was learn a language, and I had the offer from a rather lovely Spaniard I know. But I have the feeling that we'd have ended up doing something altogether different (and horizontal), and when I told The Boyf that I'd been offered language lessons (and by whom) he did one of those "Oh yeah! I'm sure you mouth will be too busy to do any talking" faces so I thought it a bad idea all round. Shame.

So, this year I'm only going to make a few little resolutions, which I will hopefully keep. Let's see...

1. Lose weight. Again. And that means going to the gym, like, properly! I gain and lose enough weight each year to build another complete person, who could follow me around and do my bidding. But they'd be made out of fat and wouldn't look very attractive, and I already have one of those and it's called "The Boyf". (Kidding)

2. Go somewhere on holiday that I've not been to yet. Last year was France and San Francisco. This year we already have Scotland pencilled in, but I need a proper foreign holiday to somewhere different. We're talking about Fort Lauderdale or Chicago. I just don't think I'm pretty enough for Ft Lauderdale somehow.

3. Write more blog entries. I was terribly lazy with it last year and didn't tell you about all sorts of fun stuff. For instance, I got to feed a lion in London Zoo after we were taken "back stage" by a friend of ours. I have to say it was one of the best experiences I've ever had, being so close to a full grown adult male. He was so powerful, and so beautiful. Very humbling. It's made me want to pursue my life-long ambition to swim with sharks, but I doubt that'll happen this year. Getting back to the point, I'm going to put a bit more effort in with this ol' blog. Probably.

4. Do something for charity. It's all very well donating money but this year I want to get off my arse and do something positive. Not sure who for yet (the Terrance Higgins Trust probably), or what I'll do, but it's definitely on the cards.

5. Get another tattoo. I've been quietly saying I'm going to have another tattoo done for about 3 years now, but I think the time is now. Not sure whether to have it done soon, or whether to wait until the summer's over, but I know what I'm going to have done. I just need to find the right person to realise what I have in my head.

3 comments:

Nick said...

Uh hang on a minute! You were at RVT both NY Eve and NY Day, and didn't say hello to me EITHER day?! You can't have failed to notice me, on NY Eve I was up on stage with the LED belt scrolling out various cheeky messages, and NY Day I was the very tired looking one with the huge grin and rosy glow...

I'm hurt! ;-)

OMO said...

Hang on, was that you with the LED belt? I must have been really trashed not to realise it was you. I actually can't remember much about NYE after midnight, and we didn't stay long on NY Day at all.

I'll try to find you next time whilst I'm still able to function properly. :-)

Nick said...

Yeah that was me :-) With the message "There's mistletoe in my pants if you fancy a kiss" scrolling across lol