Friday, September 21, 2007

Why My Friends Think I'm Weird: Pt.5

When someone asks my age I use a little system where I don't have to say an actual number.
For example, I'm 36, but if someone asks I say "Oh, I'm in my late mid-30's".

Here's how you work it out...

30 = You're 30. Nothing more to say.
31 = early 30's.
32 = mid early-30's
33 = late early-30's
34 = early mid-30's
35 = mid-30's
36 = late mid-30's
37 = early late-30's
38 = mid late-30's
39 = late 30's

And so on.

It's so you can tell someone your age without giving yourself a heart-attack when you say the number out loud and the realisation dawns that you're too old to have gone out in pink hotpants and bunny-ears. Again.

1 comment:

Papagayo said...

I like this chart. I've been saying that I'm in my early-late twenties this year, based on Hedwig's recollection of his early-mid twenties during the mid-late eighties.