Thursday, June 21, 2007

Why My Friends Think I'm Weird: Pt.4

Most kids pray for something; a new bike, the ability to fly, a pass in an exam. But when I was a kid I always prayed for the same thing; that I wouldn't be over 5 feet 10 inches when I grew up.

I'd always been fascinated with cars from an early age - my first drawing wasn't Mummy and Daddy, it was a car - and I'd read that anyone over 5 feet 10 couldn't fit comfortably in a Lamborghini Countach - my favourite car since the age of 6 when my Dad bought me home a set of Supercar Top Trumps. Convinced that one day I would own one I was frightened that I'd end up too big to fit in it, hence I prayed to be a short arse every night.

Unfortunately I forgot to also pray for the Lamborghini, hence I've ended up being 5 feet 8 and driving a Honda. Bollocks!

No comments: