Monday, June 11, 2007

The Monday Morning(ish) Blogbite - Holiday Update

The Boyf and I managed to sort out one more thing to do with our holiday - we're now fitting in LazyBear weekend during our holiday in San Francisco, courtesy of a friend of ours who's offered us the sofa-bed in his cabin for the weekend.

LazyBear actually means quite a lot to me. I've been once before a couple of years ago on my own. I'd been out of a long-term relationship for about 6 months, and was still finding my feet and some self-confidence, when I forced myself to book up for it. I figured it'd do me some good. I then spent another 6 months trying to gear myself up for it mentally. And it did me the world of good. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, and I had such a great time, that I'd changed fundamentally by the time I returned. I didn't hide in the corner of a bar anymore. I opened up and started talking to people, and that's when I met The Boyf.

So I'm looking forward to going back and showing The Boyf, and meeting up with some friends I made last time. No doubt I'll end up chasing around trying to keep The Boyf out of trouble, but that'll be half the fun. Only 7 weeks to go and I can't wait.

No comments: