Friday, March 14, 2008

No Rest For The Wicked

Typical! I get a little break at work in which I can write something, and now I can't think of anything to write about.

I can't tell you how stressed out at work I am at the moment. Things are getting silly. I've got work coming out of my ears and I'm not great at coping with it. Having too much to do is counter-productive for me. And of course, I tend to bottle the stress up. I go quiet (apart from the odd expletive) rather than shouting and screaming. The Boyf has no idea. The last thing I want to do when I get home it talk about how stressed work is making me. I just want to go home and forget about it for a few hours.

I set myself little goals - little things to look forward to - to get me through the week. It can be anything; at the moment I'm looking forward to the fact that The Boyf's going away for a night and it means I'll have the place to myself. It's good to have some space sometimes. So this week I'm diverting my attention to thinking about what I'm going to spend my Boyf-less time doing, even if it's just cooking myself something to eat that he doesn’t like (i.e. fish) and reading a book. Next week I'll divert my attention with planning Easter, and after that with our trip to NY (which The Boyf doesn't know anything about as it's a surprise birthday present).

The last time I went to NY was in 2005, for Valentine's in fact. I was dating a guy from Manhatten and had gone to visit for the first time (and last, as it turned out). He was a lovely guy - still is, in fact - but I have to admit that I most enjoyed both the Friday and the Monday when I had time to roam the city on my own, which I did at length. There's nothing quite like walking around a new city on your own for hours on end. Going with The Boyf will be fun though; he'll be far more up for mischief and less likely to try to hide me in a corner in The Eagle like the ex did. And of course I'm looking forward to doing a little Blogger spotting; seeing if I can see such luminaries as Joe.My.God, The Farmboyz and The Mark of Kane. Knowing me I won't be able to speak to them, unless I've VERY drunk, in which case they'll probably wish I hadn't plucked up the courage.

Oh well, that passed a little time. Amazing how much I can waffle on when I can't think of anything to say.

No comments: