Thursday, October 04, 2007

Must Stay Strong

They're starting to organise the Christmas Office parties at work. Fortunately I still remember last years "do" and am holding firm in my conviction that I won't be attending this year, especially now the intended destination has been announced. How many things wrong can you spot in the following sentence (answers to the usual address at OMO Towers)?

"Office Christmas Party - food at Pizza Express, plus getting drunk in the Slug & Lettuce".

Classy.

Elsewhere, The Boss is still on about his engagement party. He's now told me how glad his intended fiance is that The Boyf and I will be attending because "she doesn't know any gays and can't wait to meet you". Urgh! Also, following on from the "YMCA" comment, another colleague said that they're going to request it and dedicate it to The Boyf and I, so that we can get up and show them how it's done. So it looks like we're simply going to be wheeled out for everyone's amusement - "Oh look, the gays have arrived! Aren't they stylish? And watch them dance!". I do love it when that happens.

No comments: