Friday, April 20, 2007

Your Lazy OMO

Yeah, I know, I've been a lazy little OMO this week where my blog is concerned. Again. I'm having a "funny week", Dear Reader. Last Saturday was the first anniversary of my Dad passing away, and on this day last year was his funeral. So this week has been a little sombre for me. Not that you'd tell - I'm still trying to snog every man who doesn't run away fast enough. Unfortunately most of them do. Hey-ho!

I'd like to tell you more about my Dad sometime. A little anecdote here and there, although I could never begin to convey how brilliant he was. My words will simply fail me. But sometime I'll try.

In the meantime fear not, I shall endeavour to go out this weekend and celebrate being alive. Being vital. My Dad was so full of life that ironically I think that's what killed him. Every day for him was something to be savoured and enjoyed. There was always so much for him to do and never enough time, and finally it proved too much and he exhausted himself. So yes, I'll go out, and like every other day I'll look at the sky or the river or a tree or something and wonder at the beauty of it all, and I'll think about my Dad. And after that I'm gonna go out and get right royally fucked, just so I've got something to tell you about come Tuesday. Hey, it's the OMO way!

Have a wonderful weekend, Dear Reader.

No comments: