Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh, If I Must...

We've not been out much recently, and when we have I really don't seem to be in to it (and I'm aware that I've been saying that for some time now). So I'm in limbo at the moment, feeling odd if I stay in but not enjoying it when I'm out. Maybe this is part of growing up. A case in point was XXL on Saturday night, in which the intrepid/tepid (depending on your viewpoint) Freemasons took to the decks for a brisk/paltry set (90 mins) in which they seemed to only play their own productions. As I'd mentioned to a friend a couple of weeks before, a normal XXL night is a Freemasons production fest as it is, so how would we be able to tell the difference? The answer was, we couldn't. They might as well not have turned up, frankly, as most people didn't know what they looked like anyway and couldn't tell the difference in the music being played. Someone commented on how good they'd been at one point, and we had to inform him that the Freemasons hadn’t even started yet.

But it sure did bring in the crowds. XXL was rammed, with a 6 deep queue at the bars and no extra staff (as per usual). Quite how I managed to get enough drinks down me to end up plastered is quite beyond me, but I succeeded. And I had the mother of all hangovers on Sunday. She was an ugly, spiteful mother too, with a habit for foot-stamping.

And the tottie? Yup, there were hot men there, that's for sure, but the hottest guys would have gone to the simultaneously running Megawoof. But I just couldn't be bothered to make the effort with anyone. Yeah, I snogged a guy or two, but when 4 separate guys made it obvious they wanted to come home with us I made it pretty clear I wasn't interested (even though in all cases I really should have been, cause each was certainly do-able, and I'm kinda picky). I just couldn't be arsed (pardon the pun) with going through the motions of having to drag someone home and then spending a good couple of hours making like snakes on the carpet, and then having to kick them out afterwards. Perhaps The Boyf has got the better idea - he always ends up in a sauna, which is as quick and simple as you'd want.

So, I'm finding a general level of apathy for going out, and for picking up trade. In fact, my apathy seems to be spreading to other areas of my life, as you can probably tell with my incredibly lax blogging. I can't really be bothered to go to the gym (although The Boyf's ensuring that he forces me), and I'm eating badly. I think I know what's wrong, but the problem is too big for me to deal with at the moment, but it's not a revelation I want to be making here just yet. I know I can't let things go on forever though.

2 comments:

Moony said...

Its funny I feel the same at the moment...

I've given up on Saturday nights and cant remember the last time I went to XXL, but enjoy Sundays at the RVT because I know I wont end up picking up because of the state everyone is in and it being a Sunday night. Even Hard On seems an effort!

OMO said...

Well, I'm glad it's not just us. We haven't even been to the RVT for a while now, and I miss it.

I think we're going to try Hard On this week...