Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Where's My Social Life?

So now The Boyf's put his back out again. There always seems to be something wrong at the moment. We're a sickly pair this year, and it's paying havoc with our social lives.

We stayed home on Friday and Saturday evening, which is fine with me, although I do get a little stir-crazy on Saturday if I know we're not going anywhere.

Sunday was London Marathon day of course, and the runners come past the end of our road, meaning it's blocked off for 8 hours. Last year we escaped to Brighton for the day but this year, with The Boyf not feeling great, we decided to stay home and watch the runners. On the TV. Yup, we didn't even bother to walk 50 yards down the road, preferring to simply go "Oh look, there's our house" at the TV. Lazy, lazy OMO.

By the time the road had reopened we were both a bit fed up with being at home so put on our glad-rags and headed to the RVT, with the intention of meeting The Drag Queen for a dance. (Well, I intended to dance, The Boyf was just going to prop himself against the bar). How unlikely was it that just as we arrived The Drag Queen phoned to say that some man she'd met in The Shadow Lounge (!) a couple of weeks ago and phoned her to say he felt horny and did she fancy a shag? She couldn't remember what he looked like but had said yes anyway. Classy. She vowed to come to the RVT after satisfying herself but we correctly decided not to hold our breath - she never did turn up.

The RVT seemed a little quieter than usual. Apparently all of the members of my little fan-club have gone on holiday at the same time, leaving me resolutely unsullied for the entire evening. Not one person groped me! Very upsetting. In fact, lots of the regulars weren't there, which seemed odd. So I had a little dance pretty much on my own, with The Boyf watching from the sidelines, and then he decided he needed to get home and rest his back so we headed off at a very early hour. An odd evening.

Incredibly, this weekend we are attending our first gay wedding, so that should be fun, especially considering we've slept with both of the grooms on separate occasions without the other knowing. In our defence I would like to add that we didn't know they were a couple; we met them on their own on consecutive weeks. On the third week we bumped into them together in a club and they introduced themselves as a couple (who'd only been together for a few weeks). There was an awkward moment where we weren't sure what to say and where they tried to establish how everyone already knew each other ("Oh, we just got chatting in a bar"), and then everything seemed to resolve itself. So, anyway, we're going to their wedding and then no doubt that will lead to clubbing or whatever. It'll be fun anyway. I just don't know what to wear. I know I'm going to either be hideously over or under dressed, but I'm thinking over would be preferable, wouldn't you agree?

1 comment:

Nick said...

I had a really odd night in the RVT on Sunday as well. I'd done XXL the night before and really enjoyed it, and then not been to bed at all... Was really looking forward to the Tavern as well. But some wankers were stood in front of me talking and pissing about all the way through the show, Jonathan sang Say Hello, Wave Goodbye (which always makes me sad cos I think of the ex) and by the time the music came on, I just felt like going home and never going out ever again. I stuck it out til 8pm and then sloped off without much fuss.

You've still never come and said hello though, I'm beginning to think there's some dreadul reason for that! ;-)